Sunday, May 22, 2011

PORTRAITS

Individual–Side Compostition:
 Erica. 5/21/2011 – 6:19 PM. Rexburg, Idaho.
F-Stop:2.2 | Shutter Speed: 1/1250 | Nikon D5000
Erica is the best model because she is gorgeous and has AMAZING eyes! So I asked her to be one of my portrait models. I always get great photos when she is in the frame. I love this one because her eyes just jump out at you. The blurred green in the background really compliments them. I edited the blacks and contrast in camera raw, and then I did a very slight airbrush on her skin, and darkened the outer blue of her eyes a tiny bit.  

Individual–Head & Shoulders:
 Princess Erica. 5/21/2011 – 6:12 PM. Rexburg, ID
F-Stop: 4.7 | Shutter Speed: 1/125 | Nikon D5000
I used my 55-200mm lens for this shot, and got pretty far away, with a focal length of 125 [to try and blur the background]. I edited it in camera raw, and adjusted the levels in Photoshop. The light was really good here, I didn't have to do anything with her skin, it already looked super smooth. I did soften the lines a little bit under her eyes using the brush at 20% opacity & flow.

 Erica3. 5/21/2011 – 6:10 PM. Rexburg, Idaho.
F-Stop: 5 | Shutter Speed | 1/320 | Nikon D5000
I did pretty much the same edits in this photo as in the one above.

Individual–Full Body
Erica Again! 5/21/2011 – 6:22 PM.
F-Stop: 4.8 | Shutter Speed: 1/125 | Nikon D5000
For this photo, I edited the blacks, contrast, and exposure in camera raw, and I used a smart sharpen filter to sharpen it a little bit.

Dexter. 5/17/2011 – 7:58 PM.
F-Stop: 5.6 | Shutter Speed: 1/125 | Nikon D5000
I positioned Dexter on the railroad, and used an F-Stop that would blur the background, but you would still be able to see the tracks. I edited the levels and used a gradient map adjustment layer to make it black and white.

Group Posed:
Rustelle & Dexter. 5/17/2011 at 7:45 PM. Rexburg, ID.
F-Stop: 4.5 | Shutter Speed: 1/500 | Nikon D5000 | Gold Light Reflector
For this photo, I told them to sit up against the wall together, and then moved about 15 feet away, then zoomed to take the photo.  I took a few shots, and then showed them to Rustelle to see if she liked them. She told me something that she didn't like about the pose, and we fixed it. I'm so glad I asked, because it was an easy fix, and she liked the photo after I fixed it.
I edited it in camera raw [blacks, contrast, and exposure]. Then I brought it into Photoshop and airbrushed their faces with the paint brush at 30% opacity. I also enhanced the highlights in their eyes with the dodge tool.

 Group Interaction:
A Mother's love. 4/23/2011 at 12:39 PM. Orem, Utah.
F-Stop: 2 | Shutter Speed: 1/250 | Nikon D5000
The light was coming in the window and creating a beautiful light on baby Giselle's face, so I took a few shots. I love it! I edited the levels in Photoshop, and I used a deep yellow photo filter [using an adjustment layer]. Next, I airbrushed some red splotches from the babies face and chest, and I smoothed out the mothers skin using the brush at 30% opacity & flow. I also used both the liquify filter and the clone stamp to lessen the skin under her chin.

 Individual Environmental:
Photographer. 5/21/2011 – 6:38 PM. Rexburg, Idaho.
F-Stop: 5 | Shutter Speed: 1/125 | Nikon D5000
My  friend Erica loves photography too so I wanted to capture her taking a picture. I love the way this one turned out. I edited the blacks and contrast in camera raw.

1 comment:

  1. Sara, This is Sarah commenting on some photos for you to consider enlarging. I love the first two of Erica, and the mother's love one. I have yet to explore the rest of your blog.

    ReplyDelete