Monday, May 16, 2011

Camera Raw Edits

Edit #1

 I did quite a few edits on this photo. First I adjusted the blacks, and contrast. I wanted the sky to look as blue as it looked when I took the picture. When I got the sky to look how I wanted, everything else looked dark, so I used adjustment brushes to brighten those areas. I also used an adjustment brush to brighten the water, and make the sky a darker shade of blue.
Reflections. 5/13/2011 at 7:45 PM. Near R Mountain, Rexburg, ID.
F-Stop: 16 | Shutter Speed: 1/500 | Nikon D5000

Edit #2
I loved the perspective in this photo, but the colors were a little flat. I felt like it needed more contrast to strengthen the focal point, so I adjusted the contrast, blacks, and brightness. I really like the way it turned out.
Barb Wire. 5/13/2011 at 7:39 PM. Near Rexburg, ID.
F-Stop: 4.5 | Shutter Speed: 1/1600 | Nikon D5000

2 comments:

  1. Sara-I love the two Edits you did on your Camera Raw Edit. Edit one has really great compensation, it ‘s a very pretty shot. I love how you brightened the whole picture and the contrast that you added so it is not as flat. Great idea using the adjustment brush that helped with the contrast as well. On Edit 2 I love how the fence brings my eyes to the corner of the photo, there is some great flow. I love the small aperture on this photo as well it creates a lot of interest. Your Panoramic is beautiful. The vibrancy of the colors and the contrast is great. The only thing I would recommend is using the stamp tool to clean up the bottom right side, crop it or just leave the fence on the photo. Other than that I love the photo it turned our really great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara. Great Job this week with your editing. My favorite is reflections. It has some great composition. I love how you have the shadow in the foreground and how you were able to use camera raw to bring out the color of the picture. When I first looked at the picture I was thinking you must have used some type of blur on the reflection of the trees in the water, but after I read your edits, it looks like you just captured it that way. Way cool.

    ReplyDelete