Monday, May 16, 2011

Panoramic

 Beautiful Reflections. 5/13/2011 at 7:47 PM. Near Beaver Dick Park, Rexburg, ID.
F-Stop: 11 | Shutter Speed: 1/250 | Nikon D5000
My husband and I took a drive out towards R-Mountain. We found a dirt road, and adventured out in our new SUV. :) When I saw the river and the floating wood, I decided to stop and try a panoramic. When I took the pictures, I tried to keep the sky on the top third of the photo, and I tried to keep the camera in the same spot but at different angles [like Sister Esplin advised]. I used photomerge in Photoshop, and then cropped it. I adjusted the levels, contrast and saturation to make the colors pop. I only have CS4 so I couldn't use content aware fill, but I used the clone stamp to fill in the edges. I also used it to remove the fence.

PANORAMIC 2
 R Mountain. 5/13/2011 at 7:46 PM. Near R Mountain, Rexburg, ID.
F-Stop: 16 | Shutter Speed: 1/500 | Nikon D5000

I changed my camera settings [aperture size & shutter speed] and took the photo again, this time including R mountain in the scene. I used the same technique as before to blend the images in Photoshop [file-automate-photo merge]. I edited the levels, contrast, and saturation. I left the fence in this one because I thought it added to the overall flow.

Which one do you like best?

2 comments:

  1. Sara, I love your panoramic. The shot is interesting and unique. I couldn’t believe how water and mud could make such a beautiful and interesting picture. You can tell that you have some photography experience already. I look forward to seeing your photos throughout the semester. Great work! By the way, both panos are good, but I think I prefer the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the texture in your photos. You brought out the beauty in a not-so-beautiful time of year when there's a lot of brown. But the contrast you added makes it a cool photo. The barbed wire photo was very cool, with such a small focus. Your Camera Raw edits look great. And I like the second pano, because the foreground adds a lot of interest, and you can see R mountain in the background.

    ReplyDelete