Sunday, May 22, 2011

Editing Portraits

Portrait Enhancement:
 Rustelle is naturally beautiful, but I did a few little things to enhance the photo. I smoothed out her complexion using the brush tool at 20% opacity and flow. I also selected her teeth and whitened them using a saturation adjustment layer. Next, I used the burn tool on a new layer to make the highlights in her eyes whiter.
Rustelle. 5/17/2011 – 7:48 PM. Rexburg, ID.
F-Stop: 5.6 | Shutter Speed: 1/500 | Nikon D5000 | Gold Reflector

Replace Color:
 For this photo, I selected everything but Erica and the white flowers, and I adjusted the colors to make them look brownish instead of green by adjusting the hues on a hue/saturation adjustment layer.

Original:
The photographer. 5/21/2011 – 6:35 PM. Rexburg, Idaho.
F-Stop: 4 | Shutter Speed: 1/125 | Nikon D5000

 Match Color:
 I really liked this photo, but it was a little bit dark. The clouds had come in front of the sun, and I didn't adjust my shutter speed before I took the photo. I had another one with good lighting, so I decided to do a color match with it. I really like the way it turned out. And it was so easy! This is such an awesome technique.
Originals:
Darker Photo. 5/21/2011 – 6:35 PM. Rexburg, Idaho.
 F-Stop: 4 | Shutter Speed: 1/500 | Nikon D5000

No comments:

Post a Comment