Saturday, April 30, 2011

Blending Images [Edit]

BLEND 1
For this photo, I blended 2 images. One was a texture that you can't really see, but it helped to brighten the icicles. I placed the texture image over the ice photo, and then used overlay. I also changed the texture to black and white so that it went better with the colors in the picture.

Originals:
Sparkling Ice. Taken on 4/30/2011 at 8:43 a.m. Cabin in Tetons.
F-Stop: 13 | Shutter Speed: 1/320 | Nikon D5000

Tin Can Texture. Taken on 4/30/2011 at 10:18 a.m. A cabin in the Tetons.
F-Stop: 1.8 | Shutter Speed: 1/640 | Nikon D5000

-------------------------

BLEND #2
I added a texture image to this photo as well. I used the same technique as the one above, using the overlay. I lowered the opacity of the texture. I also used a layer mask and used the paint brush to lessen the texture on the piano keys. I also brightened the image in photoshop and edited the levels.

Originals:
Old Piano. Taken on 4/30/2011 at 10:15 a.m. Cabin in the Tetons.
F-Stop: 3.5 | Shutter Speed: 1/60 | Nikon D5000

Cement Texture. Taken on 4/30/2011 at 10:15 a.m. Tetons.
F-Stop: 3.5 | Shutter Speed: 1/60 | Nikon D5000

-----------------------------

Text:
I followed tutorial #18 for the text on this photo. I also edited the levels on the original picture.

Original:

Peaceful Snow. Taken on 4/30/2011 at 10:06 p.m. Tetons.
F-Stop: 1.8 | Shutter Speed: 1/4000 | Nikon D5000






2 comments:

  1. Sara,

    I really like what you did with the piano. The texture you got works really well with it and gives it that old feeling. The lense you used also was a great choice. By taking some of the background out of focus and some of the foreground it gives depth to the image. The lense also helps to give it a focal point that keeps you involved in the picture. I am glad you worked on the levels as the older photo was a bit dark. By doing that it really helps lift it visually.

    ReplyDelete
  2. With the piano, the angle is beautiful. It really adds to the feel of the image that the texture only enhances. The blur adds to the emphasis on the piano keys, creating a beautifully set up image in the lens. I can't wait to see more of your work!

    ReplyDelete