Monday, April 25, 2011

Cut Outs

Full Cut Out:
For this photo, I actually cut out two different photos and merged them together. The puzzle and the two spare parts on the left side are one, and the hand holding the smiley faces is another. My dad sells these puzzles, so when he asked me to do this for him I was excited to use it as a part of this assignment. I used a white background when I took the pictures so that it would be easier to cut out, and I adjusted the saturation a little bit in camera raw. After refining the edges, I used a layer mask and refined the edges a little more with the paint brush.

Original Photos:
Puzzle. Taken on 4/24/2011 at 4:30 p.m. Pleasant Grove, UT. 
F-Stop: 7.1 | Shutter Speed: 1/1000 | Nikon D5000

Hand. Taken on 4/24/2011 at 4:41 p.m. Pleasant Grove, UT.
F-Stop: 7.1 | Shutter Speed: 1/1000 | Nikon D5000

Partial Cutout:
For this photo I edited the levels and gave it a little bit of contrast. Then I used the rectangular marquee tool to select the top area, and I used the quick selection tool to go around Futbol's head. I followed the directions in the tutorial and this is what I came up with. I also added a layer mask and refined the edges a little more with the paintbrush (mainly on her ears). 

Original:
Futbol. Taken on 2/15/2011 at 3:47 p.m. Colorado Springs, CO.
F-Stop: 7.1 | Shutter Speed: 1/1000 | Nikon D5000


No comments:

Post a Comment