Sunday, June 5, 2011

Scanography

I'm taking a graphic design class this semester as well, and I scanned this wire whisk for one of my projects there. I think they are pretty sweet, so I wanted to post them. What I did in most of the scans was I moved the whisk as it was scanning, which created some pretty awesome effects!










One Scan:
 Earrings! 6/5/2011 – 8:30 PM. Rexburg ID. :)
Lexmark 2500 Scanner. 300 dpi.
For this, I just arranged all the earrings on the scanner, and closed the lid as much as it would close. The room was dark, so not too much light seeped in from the edges. The shadows turned out really cool!

KitKat. 6/5/2011 – 8:00 PM. Rexburg, ID
Lexmark 2500 Scanner.
With this scan, I opened and closed the lid in two second increments to create the black and white stripes. They ended up being purple, so I darkened them using levels in Photoshop.

Collage:
Hoops. 6/5/2011 – 8:30 PM. Rexburg, ID.
Lexmark 2500 Printer
I scanned each pair of earrings, and then I selected each one and copied and pasted them all into the same document. Next, I rotated and copied each one. I resized the blue ones to make the smaller pair. I did it all in photoshop.

Originals:




1 comment: