Sunday, June 12, 2011

Night Photography

Blurred Lights:
 Moving Water. 6/10/2011 – 10:05 PM. Rexburg, ID.
F-Stop: 10 | Shutter Speed: 3 seconds | Nikon D5000 | Tripod
I wanted to try something a little different for my blurred lights. I took a shot of the river as the water moved. The light was reflecting in a cool way, and I really like the way it turned out. I edited the levels to make more contrast.

 Twinkle. 6/10/2011 – 10:07. Rexburg, ID.
F-Stop: 25 | Shutter Speed: 10 seconds | Nikon D5000 | Tripod
I liked the way that the light twinkled when I kept the shutter open for a long time. I tried to capture both the light, and the moving water in this shot. I also edited the levels.

Light Sketching:
 Light Graffiti. 6/10/2010 – 11:38 PM. Rexburg, ID.
F-Stop: 9 | Shutter Speed: 13 seconds | Nikon D3100 | Tripod
For this photo, I used an LED flashlight to write my name on the side of a dumpster. The long shutter speed captured and blurred the light. It was really cool! I didn't edit this photo. 

Light Painting
 TRON! 6/10/2011 – 12:25 PM. Rexburg, ID.
F-Stop: 5.3 | Shutter Speed: 15 Seconds | Nikon D3100 | Tripod
This technique was thought up by Brandon Fegenbush! Sarah Luke and I helped out with it as well. We took the flashlights and painted the light on the front and back of the motorcycle (I didn't help with this one, since I was obviously the model, but it is the one I have on my SD card). It was a lot of fun. I edited the levels to make the color pop a little more.

Camera Motion:
 Colors. 6/10/2011 – 10:20 PM. Rexburg, ID
F-Stop: 11 | Shutter Speed: 2 seconds | Nikon D5000
I thought the colorful lights at the Rex/Fat Cats would look cool for this technique. I focused on the lights and took the picture. I moved the camera in a square during the two seconds that the shutter was open. I edited the blacks in camera raw to make the background a little darker.

Just For Fun:
 Barrel. 6/10/2011 – 10:34 PM. Rexburg, ID.
F-Stop: 11 | Shutter Speed: 13 Seconds | Nikon D5000 | Tripod
I love the way this photo turned out! It almost looks HDR. All I did was use a long shutter speed, and this is what I got. The photo was a little more orange than I wanted it to be, so I added a blue photo filter adjustment layer.
Coppers. 6/10/2011 – 10:49 PM. Rexburg, ID.
F-Stop: 13 | Shutter Speed: 10 Seconds | Nikon D5000 | Tripod
A Rexburg police officer decided to stop by and check on us while we were taking pictures, so I snapped a photo of his cool lights! I love the way it turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment