Monday, June 20, 2011

My Poster!

A Beautiful Weed. 24x36 in. 6/4/2011 – 7:38 PM. Rexburg, ID. 
F-Stop: 5.6 | Shutter Speed: 1/320 | Nikon D5000
I adjusted the levels, the saturation, and the contrast to make the white parts of the dandelion pop. Then I selected the middle of the dadelion & used a smart sharpen filter to give it extra sharpness and a good focal point. I used a brush at 30% opacity & flow to soften the edges on the area that I sharpened.

I had a really hard time deciding what photo to print. I wanted it to be something that will look good in my home, since I'd be spending quite a bit on it. I chose this one because it is very simple, has a clear focal point, nice background blur, and it just intrigues me. When I look at it I think this phrase, "If life gives you obnoxious weeds, turn them into fireworks." haha. Sorta cheesy, but I really like it. When I took the picture the sun was setting so the light was reflecting off of the seed things just perfectly. I was using a 55-200 mm lens, and the largest aperture is 5.6, so I used that, and then I got on my tippy toes and zoomed down on the dandelion. I composed the shot trying to use the rule of thirds, and leaving a lot of space on the left hand side. I love the way it turned out, but I wish my print looked more like it does on the computer screen. It might have looked really cool in metalic? Oh well, it's still a great poster :)

No comments:

Post a Comment